2. NEVER put checks or bill payments in your mailbox. Take them to the Post Office or use the
large size mail bin.
3. PROTECT you debit and credit cards. Treat them like a big stack of cash. Watch what people
you give them to do with them.
6. ALWAYS check your monthly bill or statement for suspicious transactions or activity.
1. SHRED anything that has any personal information about you before you throw it in the trash.
5. NEVER give out personal information over the phone or online unless you have initiated
4. DON'T leave items you do not want to be stolen in your vehicle. ID Thieves know to look
in vehicle for personal identifying information.
These simple tips can significantly reduce your chances of becoming a victim of ID Theft.